Home>> EGGNOG DONUTS
National Donut Day is around the corner, try these festive eggnog donuts to channel in the tastes of the season! Made with Bourbon Butter & Spiced Sugar, these are to die for, a recipe brought to us by: Jacquelyn Clark
FOR THE EGGNOG DONUTS1 cup all-purpose flour1/3 cup sugar3/4 teaspoon baking powder1/2 teaspoon cinnamon1/2 teaspoon fresh ground or freshly grated nutmeg1/2 teaspoon salt1/2 cup eggnog, room temperature1 egg, room temperature2 tablespoons melted butter1/2 teaspoon vanilla
FOR THE SPICED SUGAR COATING
3 tablespoons melted butter1 1/2 tablespoons bourbon (optional)1/2 cup sugar1/2 teaspoon cinnamon1/4 teaspoon ground or freshly grated nutmeg
1. For the doughnuts, preheat the oven to 425F and grease a doughnut pan.
2. In a medium bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and whisk until very well combined. In a separate bowl, or in a large measuring cup, whisk together the eggnog, egg, melted butter and vanilla. Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined.
3. Spoon the batter into the doughnut pan, filling each doughnut about 3/4 of the way.
4. Bake for 7 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a doughnut comes out clean. Turn out onto a cooling rack and cool completely.
5. For the coating, combine the melted butter and bourbon in a small bowl. In another shallow bowl or salad plate, mix together the sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
6. Use a pastry brush to brush a generous layer of bourbon-butter onto both sides of a doughnut (alternately, you could dip the doughnuts into the butter). Place the doughnut in the spiced sugar, turning over as needed to coat both sides. Repeat until all doughnuts are coated.
7. Serve immediately. Doughnuts are best eaten the same day but can be stored in an airtight container for up to three days.